Utah Governor Spencer Cox emphasized the importance of public cooperation, urging anyone with photos, videos, or information to come forward to help identify the suspect.

 

Utah gov. seeks public's help finding person who shot Charlie Kirk

 

The investigation into the fatal shooting of conservative commentator Charlie Kirk has already generated more than 7,000 tips to the FBI, Utah Governor Spencer Cox revealed during a press conference on Thursday, September 11, but authorities have yet to make an arrest.

The 31-year-old founder of Turning Point USA was shot in the neck while speaking at Utah Valley University on Wednesday, September 10, and was later pronounced dead at Timpanogos Regional Hospital in Orem, Utah.

Governor Cox addressed the media, emphasizing the extraordinary scale of public response to the shooting.

“The FBI has received over 7,000 tips so far,” he said, noting that this represents the largest number of tips the bureau has received for a case since the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.

He encouraged the public to continue submitting any relevant information, including photos or videos that might aid investigators in identifying and capturing the shooter.

Cox also warned about a “tremendous amount of disinformation” circulating online, stressing that tips should be verified and submitted through official law enforcement channels.

 

Charlie Kirk shooting live updates: Officials release new video of  suspected shooter fleeing scene, plead with public for help in manhunt

 

He described the ongoing investigation as a coordinated effort involving more than 20 federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies working “shoulder-to-shoulder” to track down the person responsible.

More than 200 interviews have already been conducted as part of the probe.

Authorities have shared details about how the shooting occurred. Investigators believe the gunman fired from the roof of a building roughly 200 yards from the stage where Kirk was delivering his speech as part of his “American Comeback Tour.”

After firing the shot, the suspect reportedly jumped from the roof and fled into a nearby neighborhood and wooded area.

Law enforcement later recovered the rifle believed to have been used in the shooting, along with footwear impressions, a palm print, and forearm imprints suspected to belong to the gunman.

The FBI released surveillance images of a person of interest on Thursday, describing the individual as someone who could easily blend in with college students.

While these images have been circulated to the public, no arrests have been made. Authorities are relying heavily on community cooperation to help identify the suspect, and a $100,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest.

 

Utah officials share video of Charlie Kirk shooting suspect as governor  pledges death penalty - live

 

Kirk, known for founding Turning Point USA, a conservative advocacy group aimed at engaging young Americans in politics, leaves behind his wife, Erika Frantzve, a former Miss Arizona USA, and their two young children, a 3-year-old daughter and a 1-year-old son.

His death has sent shockwaves through the conservative political world and reignited conversations about the safety of public figures amid a climate of heightened partisan tensions.

Governor Cox highlighted the need for calm and cooperation in the wake of the tragedy, urging Utah residents and the wider public to focus on providing factual information to aid the investigation. “We need the support of the public to help law enforcement solve this case,” he said.

The shooting has drawn national attention, with many political figures condemning the act and calling for justice.

In addition to federal and state authorities, local police in Orem and Utah County continue to conduct ground searches in areas surrounding the campus and wooded escape route in hopes of locating the suspect.

 

Live: The Latest: Officials ask for public's help in finding Charlie Kirk  shooter | The Seattle Times

 

As the FBI sifts through thousands of tips, the investigation remains ongoing, and authorities caution that solving the case could take time despite the high volume of leads.

The unprecedented number of tips demonstrates both the public’s concern and the urgency felt by law enforcement to bring the person responsible to justice.

Meanwhile, officials continue to stress the importance of public vigilance and participation in the investigation. Anyone with potential information, no matter how minor it may seem, is urged to contact the FBI or local authorities.

The $100,000 reward remains active, reflecting the seriousness with which federal and state authorities are pursuing this case.

The nation now watches closely as investigators piece together evidence from surveillance, eyewitness accounts, and thousands of tips, all while no arrests have yet been made.

The hope remains that one or more of these tips will lead to a breakthrough in identifying and apprehending the suspect responsible for the fatal shooting of Charlie Kirk.

 

Charlie Kirk death updates: Manhunt on as FBI releases video of suspect,  weapon recovered | World News